Dr. Md.WasimAkhtar, has a doctoral degree from the Department of Management, Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU), Hyderabad.? Recipient of UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship.DrWasim has completed M.Philfrom CSSEIP and completed Masters of Business Administration in Marketing as major and Human Resource Management as minor subjects from MANUU, Hyderabad.Worked as Research Associate in the Department of Economics, MANUU, Hyderabad, onICSSR Project.Recently been engaged in an ICSSR funded research project on “COVID-19 Induced Vulnerabilities and Coping Strategies of Small Producers”, which covered Gujarat and Telangana State, a collaborative project of Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Ahmedabad and Council for Social Development, Hyderabad.
He has worked with various academic and research institutions and presented papers in International and National Conferences, has published works in various national and Scopus Indexed journal of international repute. He has been invited as an expert in different seminars and conferences organized by various management institutes. He has been appointed as Research & SIP support and External Examiner in different universities of the country. Presently he is working as a Junior Research Officer at Council for Social Development, SRC, Hyderabad.
Rural Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Digitalization, Social and Financial Inclusion, Behavioral Impact of Society, Economic Challenges, Community Transformation, Women Empowerment, SWOC analysis for Project & Implementation.
MdWasimAkhtar (2020):“Indian Rural Market: An Impulse to FMCG Sector through JioMart.”Published in International Journal of Management (IJM),IAEME Publication Scopus Indexed,Volume-11, Issue-09,September-2020; ISSN Print: 0976-6502 and ISSN Online: 0976-6510, pp1288-1295.
MdWasimAkhtar (2017):“Digital Payments for Rural India ? Challenges and Opportunities.” Published in International Journal of Applied Economics,Volume-7, Issue-1,Jan-June-2017; http://www.ijfar.com/ ISSN: 2350-0115, pp35-40.
MdWasimAkhtar (2016):“Recent Trend of Rural Marketing Strategies in Bihar-A Comprehensive Study.” Published in Journal of Interdisciplinary Research,Volume ? I, Issue ? 01, June - 2016,ISSN: 2456-2750, pp-34-43.
MdWasimAkhtar (2014):“Internet Advertisements ? A Changing Landscape” Published in IIM Journal, Volume ? 4, Issue ? 02, July - December - 2014, ISSN: 2277-4211,? pp-107-121.
MdWasimAkhtar (2014):“Empowerment of Rural Women through Dairy Industry in Begusarai District, Bihar” publication in International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), available at? http://www.ijaiem.org/Volume3Issue10/IJAIEM-2014-10-28-65.pdf, ISSN: 2319 ? 4847, Volume 3, Issue 10, October 2014.
MdWasimAkhtar (2013):“Rural Marketing ? Potentials and Strategies for Durables: A Study in Begusarai District” Published in The Rural Marketing Journal, Volume ? 7, Issue ? 03, December - 2013, ISSN: 2321-8312, pp-40-44.
Research Associate in a project titled “Covid-19 Induced Vulnerabilities and Coping Strategies of Small Producers: Two Case Studies from Gujarat and Telangana”
Collaborative Project - Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Ahmedabad and CSD, Hyderabad, ICSSR, New Delhi
Research Associatein a project titled “Inclusion of Muslim Women through Sharia’h Microfinance-A study of Hyderabad” funded by ICSSR, New Delhi.
- Speaker, Virtual International Conference HORIZON an “Embracing Change & Transformation in Social Science, Operations, Commerce & Management” organized by School of Commerce and Management of GHRU, Saikheda, held on 27th & 28th, August, 2021.
- Participated in“Faculty Develop Program (FDP)” Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Ashoka Institute of Engineering and Technology on 19th& 20th January-2018 at Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “The Relevance of E-Commerce in Indian Retailing Sector: Its Advantage and threats”, International Conference on New Trends in Business Management, 22nd ? 23rd? January 2018 at Immanuel Business School (IBS), Solipet, Telangana.
- Presented Paper entitled “Economic Development of Rural Areas-Through Higher Education in Bihar State”, National Conference on Management of Higher Education ? Perspectives, Challenges & Strategies, 05th -06th March 2014, at Dept. of Management and Commerce, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “Extending Paradigms of Distance Education Through Social Networking.”, International Conference on Disseminating Learning, Diminishing Borders ? ODL in 21st Century, 05th - 07th April 2013 at 18th Annual Conference of IDEA, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “Inclusion of Muslim Women Through Shari’ah Based Microfinance ? A Case of Hyderabad. ”, International Conference on Status of Muslim Women in Indian Sub-Continent, 06th - 08th March 2013 at CSSEIP, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “FDI and Its Impact on Organized Retailing of India”, National Conference on FDI in Service Sector Opportunities & Challenges, 22nd -23rd? May 2012 at Dept. of Management and Commerce, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “FDI and Developing Economies the Gender Impact in the Labour Market”, National Conference on FDI in Service Sector Opportunities & Challenges, 22nd -23rd? May 2012 at Dept. of Management and Commerce, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “Recent Trends in Merger and Acquisition Activity in India-A Study”, International Conference on Contemporary Global Management Perspectives & Practices: on 27th -28th? April 2012 at School of Management Studies, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad.
- Presented Paper entitled “Rural Empowerment Through of Rural Market-A Study in Selected Areas of Bihar State”, National Conference on Rural Empowerment for Economic Growth-Indian Perspective, on 11th -12th April 2012 at Dept. of Management Studies and Research Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Affiliated to Anna University, Coimbatore.
- AwardedUGC?MANF-SRF for M.Phil&Ph.D.
- Committee Member of Advisory Board in a DigitozeConsulting Services LLP. Hyderabad.
- Appointed as Research & SIP support and External Examiner of SOCM, G H Raisoni University, Saikheda, Madhya Pradesh.
- Participated in Workshop on “Research Methodology” Organized by ICSSR &MANUUHyderabad.
- Participated in First Research Scholar’s Seminar at MANUU, Hyderabad.
- Participated in National Conference on “Exclusionary Perspectives for Muslims & Marginalized Groups”? at CSSEIP, MANUU, Hyderabad.
- Working as a Committee member in “National Conference on Exclusionary Perspectives for Muslims & Marginalized Groups” at CSSEIP, MANUU, Hyderabad.
- Well versed with SPSS and useful working computer software.
- Participated in Run for Unity, National Unity Day Celebration at Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad..
- Appreciation Award in the Relief Work for Flood Effected People.