COUNCIL FOR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, HYDERABAD ORGANISES AN ANNUAL LECTURE DELIVERED BY AN EMINENT ACADEMICIANS / POLICY MAKERS IN MEMORY OF DR. C. D. DESHMUKH.
- Seventeenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Democracy as Majoritarianism” by Professor Zoya Hassan, Professor Emerita, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 25 September 2019
- Sixteenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Occupy College Street: Notes from the Sixties” by Professor Ranabir Samaddar, Distinguished Chair in Migration and Forced Migration Studies, Calcutta Research Group, 14 July 2017.
- Fifteenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Changing Trends in the Political Economy of the Media in India” by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, Editor, Economic and Political Weekly, September 10, 2016.
- Fourteenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Being Adivasi in India: Changing Economic Status of Tribal Communities” by Ashwini Deshpande, Professor of Economics, Delhi School of Economics. 31 July 2015.
- Thirteenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Equality, Non-Discrimination, Religion and Disability: South Africa and India” by Justice Zak Yacoob, Retired Justice, Constitutional Court of South Africa, 15 November 2014.
- Twelfth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Minority Rights under the Indian Constitution: A Trilogy of Judicial Errors” by Professor Dr. Faizan Mustafa, Vice Chancellor, NALSAR University of Law, 29 March 2014.
- Eleventh C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “On Inclusive Growth: Reflections on the Concept in the Indian Context” by Prof. S.K. Thorat, Professor, JNU & Chairman, ICSSR, 24 December 2010.
- Tenth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Financial Crisis Some Old Questions and Maybe Some New Answers” by Dr. D. Subbarao, Governor, Reserve Bank of India, August 5, 2010.
- Ninth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Space Technology for Socio-Economic Development” by Prof. U.R. Rao, Former Chairman, ISSRO & Secretary, Department of Space, Govt. of India, July 4, 2008.
- Eighth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Private Sector in Education” by Prof. A. Vaidyanathan, Former Member, Planning Commission, Government of India, March 13, 2007.
- Seventh C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “India Today : Self-Government the Only Remedy but what are the maladies ?” by Dr. L.C. Jain, Former Member, Planning Commission, Government of India, January 17, 2004.
- Sixth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Media Power, Roles and Social Responsibility: The Indian Experience” by Shri N. Ram, Eminent Journalist and Editor, Frontline, February 22, 2003.
- Fifth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Food Grain Surpluses: Causes and Policy Implications” by Prof. C.H. Hanumantha Rao, Eminent Economist, March 16, 2002.
- Fourth C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “State and Market Scope and Limits” by Dr. C. Rangarajan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh, May 14, 2001.
- Third C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “A National Economic Agenda” by Shri M. Narasimham, Chairman, Court of Governors, Administrative Staff College of India, January 19, 2000.
- Second C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “State of Higher Education in India” by Justice B.P. Jeevan Reddy, Chairman, Law Commission, Government of India, December 26, 1998.
- First C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture: “Planning for the Poor: Indian Experience” by Dr. S.R. Sankaran, I.A.S., (Retd.), April 1997.
CSD ALSO ORGANIZED MEMORIAL LECTURE MARKING THE ANNIVERSARY OF DR. P.M. BHARGAVA, FOUNDER DIRECTOR, CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, HYDERABAD AND CHAIRMAN, MANAGING COMMITTEE, CSD, HYDERABAD.
First Pushpa Mittra Bhargava Memorial Lecture: “The Human Right to be Different: Pushpa Mittra Bhargava’s Quest for a Secular Democratic Education” by Professor Upendra Baxi, Emeritus Professor of Law, University of Warwick and Delhi & Distinguished Professor of Law, NLUD, Delhi, 1 August 2018.