Ph.D. in Social Anthropology (with specialization in anthropology of public policy) from the University of Hyderabad with the support of ICSSR doctoral fellowship. Qualified in UGC-NET, published research articles and presented his research in conferences. Six years of working experience (including academic research and industry) across various institutions including institutions of national importance such as the National Institute for Rural Development and Panchayat Raj (NIRD & PR) and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVP-NPA). He has also worked as social and livelihood expert in Centre for Management and Social Research (CMSR) during which he was Team Leader for various projects including Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Baseline Survey, Social Impact Assessment (SIA), and Livelihood Enhancement Plan (LEP). Some of these are projects funded by ADB, AIIB, EIB, IFC and JICA. He also has working knowledge on Land Acquisition (LA), Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R), Resettlement Action Plan (RAP), Gender Action Plan (GAP) and Indigenous People Plan (IPP). He is presently directing a project to study “Covid-19 Impact on Workforce in the State of Telangana” funded by Department of Planning, Government of Telangana.
His research interests include public policy, development, livelihoods, inclusion, and technology.
- Raj Kumar Kattula (2016): The Hollowness of a Hallowed Policy: Emptiness of a Special Component Plan for Scheduled Castes, The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies, Volume - 4, Issue - 9, September 2016, Pp 197-203. ISSN 2321 ?9203 2016.
- Raj Kumar Kattula (2020): Anthropological Reflections on Challenges in Communicating Policies: A Case of Special Component Plan in N. Sudhakar Rao (edited) India's Development: Contributions of Anthropology of Communication, Media and Communication, Concept Publications (in Press).
- Raj Kumar Kattula (2019) : uderstanding Exclusion of Tribes: Education and the Case of Koya Tribe in Andhra Pradesh, In M. C. Behera (ed.), Development and Tribes: Contemporary Issues and Challenges, New Delhi: Serial Publications Pvt. Ltd., pp.401-417. ISBN: 9789386611635.
- Project Director - Impact of Covid-19 on Livelihoods in the State of Telangana. Funded by Department of Planning, Government of Telangana. (Ongoing Since September, 2021).
- Team Lead as M&E Expert - Monitoring and Evaluation of Implementation of Social Safeguards (RAP and IPP) for National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL), within Maharashtra Jurisdiction (Mumbai and Thane), 20/06/2020 - 20/06/2021. Funded by JICA.
- Team Lead as Social & Livelihood Expert - Preparation and Implementation of Livelihood Enhancement Plan (LEP) for NAM Expressway Limited (NAMEL), 16/09/2019 - 30/07/2021. Funded by IFC.
- Team Lead as Social Expert - Baseline Socio-Economic Survey in Prakasam District of Andhra Pradesh for Andhra Pradesh Rural Water Supply Projects. Funded by ADB.
- Team Lead as Social Expert - Conducting Social Impact Assessment (SIA) and Preparation of Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Bhopal Metro Rail Project. 16/09/2019 - 30/07/2021. Funded by EIB.
- Social Impact Assessment for Andhra Pradesh Urban Water Supply Project for 21 ULBs. Completed in 2020. Funded by APUFIDC, Government of Andhra Pradesh and Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank (AIIB).
- Anthropological Reflections on Challenges in Communicating Policies: A Case of Special Component Plan in a Seminar on ‘Culture, Communication and India’s Development: Contributions of Anthropology of Communication, Media and Communication’, Organised by Department of Anthropology, UoH during 27- 29 August, 2019.
- Scheduled Castes and Quality of Education in Andhra Pradesh: A Case of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan in a Seminar on ‘Quality of Education’ organized by National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), Hyderabad during 21-23, March, 2018
- Participated in UNU-WIDER development conference on “COVID-19 and development ? effects and new realities for the Global South” held during 6-8 September 2021 (online).
- Symposium on International Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in Government, Organized by Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad on 18/09/2015.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Founding Governing Council Member in Anthropological Association for Humankind (AAH) (www.aafh.in )
Awards / Fellowships / Certificates
- Received ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship as a financial support for Ph.D. programme
- Qualified UGC-NET
- Completed Refreshers Course in Research Methodology, funded by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Conducted by Academic Staff Collage, UoH.
- PG Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA).