He has completed Ph.D. from University of Hyderabad, School of Economics, Hyderabad; and received PDF from Council for Social Development (CSD), Hyderabad funded by ICSSR, New Delhi. He handles unit-level NSSO data using statistical software program i.e., STATA and SPSS. His research areas cover a wide range of issues relating to health, education, labor, poverty, gender and disability with special reference to marginalized sections. He has published articles in two journals and one edited volume.
- Development Studies
- Health, Education, Land, Labor, Poverty Gender and Disability
- Marginalized Sections
Sivakumar. D. (2020).Marginalization of Elementary Education among Deprived Communities:
A Comparative Study of SC and ST Children in three Villages of Telangana. Samajik Nyay Sandesh,Vol.1, No.1, Pp.47-59
Shankarrao. Ch & Sivakumar. D. (2017). Decentralisation and Participatory Planning by PRIs in Telangana: A Study of GramaJyothi Program.Journal of Rural Development, Vol.36, No.4, Pp. 569-94
In edited book:
Soumya, Vinayan & Sivakumar.D (2021). Mapping Disability in India: The Gender Lence. In S. Muntaj &A. Ullah Khan (Eds.), Gender and Inclusion (pp. 171-188). Centre for Development Policy and Practice Publications.
Using various years of Census and NSSO unit level data, I am presently working on labor force, work participation and economic activities in Telangana State with reference to gender, location and social groups.
Using various years of Unit level data (NSSO), I am presently working on Disability and Social Consumption with special reference to health and education in Telangana State focusing on gender, location and social groups.
I am working on Multidimensional Poverty Measurement in Tealangana based on NFHS-4th round and Field based for 33 districts of Telangana
- Successfully completed a 2-weeks faculty development programme on “Managing Online Classes and Co-creating MOOCs 3.0” Organized by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, from July 25th-10th August, 2020 and obtained Grade A
- Took part in the proceedings of the entire five-day webinar series on “Research Article Writing and Publications ? Advanced Concepts”, organized by IFERP, having taken place from 1st to 5th August 2020 with two hour sessions (10 hours) from 5PM-7PM each day.
- Participated in the research methodology course on “Inclusion of Labour in Rural India” conducted by Gandhi Gram Rural Institute, Dindigu;l in collaboration with VV Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, during January 7-11, 2019.
- Participated in the orientation programme on “Labour Laws for Rural Development Functionaries of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana” conducted by NIRDPR, Hyderabad in Collaboration with VV Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, during December 10-12, 2018.
- Participated in the training programme on “Results Based Monitoring & Evolution for Agricultural Development Projects” conducted by MANAGE, Hyderabad, during June 19-21, 2017.
Attended the ICSSR course on “Capacity Building Programme for Young Faculty in Social Sciences” conducted by University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, during February 2-14, 2015.
- Participated in the ICSSR workshop on “Audio-Visual-Media as a Tool in Social Science Research” conducted by Institution for Studies of Industrial Development (ISID), New Delhi, during November 24-29, 2014.
- Participated in the training programme on “Research Methodology for Rural Development Professionals - (RMRDP)” conducted by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad, during June 1-12, 2004.
- Participated in the training programme on “Data Collection and Interpretation Methods” organized by AMR ? Andhra Pradesh Academy of Rural Development, Hyderabad from 23-28 February 2004.
- Participated in the training workshop on “Field Survey Methods for Investigators” Conducted for the Linked Livelihoods Survey of the Institute for Human Development, New Delhi and held at the Center for Economic and Social Studies, Hyderabad during 18-20 June, 2002.
- Participated in the training Programme on “Data Collection and Analytical Procedures [D-CAP]”conducted by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad, during August 7-12, 2000.
- Participated in the ICSSR training programme on “Research Methodology” conducted by Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad, during April 17 - 29, 2000.
PRESENTATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL SEMINAR/CONFERENCE
- Presented a paper at national online conference on ‘Mapping Disability in India: The Gender Dimensions’ at Centre for Development Policy and Practice organized by Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) on 16th October 2020.
- Presented a paper at national conference on ‘Labour Force, Work Participation and Economic Activities: A Focus on Female in Telangana State during 2001-11’ at 5th Economics-Conclave organized by School of Economics, University of Hyderabad on 13-14, September 2019.
- Presented a paper at national conference on ‘Female in Employment: A Focus on Telangana Districts during 2001-11’ at Sustainable Development Goals and Building Future India, organized by Centre for the Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP), University of Hyderabad, at Hyderabad on 26-28, March 2019.
- Presented a paper at international conference on ‘Enrollment, Out-of-Schooling and Workforce of Age Group of 6-14 Years among SC and ST Children: A Study in three villages of Telangana in Andhra Pradesh, India’ at Global Concave of Young Scholars of Indian Education, organized by National University of Education, Planning and Administration (NUEPA) at New Delhi on 27-29, January 2011.
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY IN STASTICAL SOFTWARES
- Participated in the winter programme on “Data Analysis in Social Science (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and a package for Qualitative Data Analysis (Atlas.ti)” sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi and conducted by Tate Institute for Social Sciences, Mumbai during November 3-15, 2003.
- Successfully completed “DATA SCIENCE WITH PYTHON & R” programme conducted by DATAhill Solutions, Hyderabad, during the period from 8th June, 2020 to 12th September, 2020.
- Participated in the workshop on “Extraction and analysis of NSSO data using STATA” programme conducted by SNAP Academy, Kolkata, during the period from 2nd August, 2020 to 30thAugust, 2020.
- Participated in the workshop on“Extraction and analysis of NSSO data using R” programme conducted by SNAP Academy, Kolkata, during the period from 2nd August, 2020 to 30th August, 2020.
- Successfully completed “Tableau Masterclass: Master Data Visualisation with Tableau” online course of 2 and half hour videos by Udemy on July 4th 2021.
- Attended “Advanced Excel Workshop” conducted by JS Academy, on 2nd May, 2021.
- PDF - Report submitted to the ICSSR, New Delhi on “Inequalities among Sub-Caste Groups of Scheduled Castes in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States: Socio-Economic and Political Perspectives” for the award of the degree of PDF in Economics on 1stMay, 2017.
- Ph.D. - Thesis submitted to the School of Economics, University of Hyderabad on “Educational and Health Attainments of Deprived Communities: A Comparative Study of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Three Villages of Andhra Pradesh” for the award of the degree of Ph.D. in Economics on 12th March, 2013.
- M.Phil. - A Dissertation submitted to the Department of Economics, SoSS, and University of Hyderabad on “Problems of Irrigation Development in Drought Prone Areas of Andhra Pradesh: with A Case Study of Anantapur District” for the award of the degree of M.Phil in Economics.
SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO RESEARCH APART FROM ACADEMIC PERIOD
- Using the Composite Index method, I developed a research design to select 270 sample villages to carry out a field study on Telangana Social Development Report-2020 (TSDR-2020).
- Being PDF (ICSSR), I carried out a study on “Inequalities among Sub-Caste Groups of Scheduled Castes in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States” and submitted the report to ICSSR.
- Working with CSD, I involved in a project titled “Mana Vooru and Mana Pranalika (Our Village-Our Plan) and published a research paper entitled “Decentralisation and Participatory Planning by PRIs in Telangana: A Study of GramaJyothi Program” using the project data.