Mrs.DivyaJyothi is a young nutritionist, with 9+ years of experience in the nutrition industry. Divya has completed her Masters in Nutrition from the reputed “School of Health Sciences”, Pondicherry Central University,Pondicherry and M.phil in Food Science and Nutrition from IGNOU.
As? Nutritionist often worked with community settings or local authority public health teams, health service nutrition and dietetics departments focusing primarily on health promotion and worked in association with Molecular connections,Bangalore as Scientific research analyst and also in association with Vlcc,vibes, and in Vcare as a regional Nutritional Manager.Worked as Consultant Nutritionist for The Wellness Corner,California.
Having experience as a Clinical Nutritionist inDiabetes, Heart problems, Obesity, Hypothyroid, Sports nutrition, Pediatric& Geriatric nutrition, Cancer patients, Enteral & Parenteral nutrition, Clinical Nutrition including Liver, Gout, Blood pressure, Diarrheal, Peptic ulcer, Kidney trouble, Jaundice, HIV, Surgery, Lactose intolerance, Trauma, Sepsis, ICU, etc.
Work Experience: My area of research interest is in community nutrition,public health nutrition and clinical nutrition which allow me to performcutting edge research from new discoveries in nutrition science through to translation into evidenced based nutrition best practice within health care.
Her major research areas are Gender and Society, Sociology of Education, Sociology of Muslims and Society and Muslim Women.
- Deepthi Krishna Thota (2017): "Uncanny and Dystopian City: An Analysis of Siva", Urbanities, Vol. 7, No.4, Pp 122-137
- On Enrichment of yeast leavened Bread by Pomegranate Bagasse powder in international AFSTI journal of Food technology 2012.
- Diabetus mellitus by incorporating Yeast leavened bread into sugar fluctuating diabetic patients from PIMS and analysed the sugar level variations 2013.
- Has done a project on functional foods through mutant variations from Molecular connections Bangalore from 2014.
- Had a three-year certificate programme in Food safety from IGNOU.
- Presented and Participated in Three days International Conference on Traditional Foods (Dec 01-03, 2010) held at Pondicherry University with AFSTI Pondicherry chapter.
- Participated in Two days National Conference on Agro Food Processing Technologies (Nov 03-04, 2011) held at Pondicherry University.
- Participated in one day workshop on Integrated Food Law (03.09.2010) held at Pondicherry University with AFSTI Pondicherry chapter.
Awards / Fellowships / Certificates
- Served as resource person in the national webinar on ‘Gender, Education and Empowerment: Empirical Reflections from Kerala’, organized by Milad-E-Sherief Memorial College, Kayamkulam-Kerala on 25th August 2020.
- Attended workshop on qualitative research methods organized by Department of Applied Psychology and Department of Local Governance, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, Sriperumbadur-Chennai from 27th to 28th February 2020.
- Attended academic writing workshop organized by Department of Sociology, University of Hyderabad from 5th to 9th February 2018.
- Attended workshop on research methods in education organized by Department of Educational Policy, National University of Planning and Administration, New Delhi from 17th to 28th October 2016.
- Selected for the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) fellowship for the doctoral programme.
- Qualified UGC-NET in Sociology.